Sep 7, 2007

Tahoe Love

Don't take my picture mom! Actually his mom, Em, has all the cute pics of Wil and I on the beach. One day, while we were looking for crayfish on the beach, he said, "I kinda miss you, Liz." That plus the full on sprint into my arms when he first saw me solidified that I am his favorite auntie! This was before I gave him his lego transformer... "what he always wanted"

This face makes me want to move to Utah!

This was taken by a 4 year old.
My directions were to act like a dinosaur...
Wil asked to use my camera while we were driving. He had to stay in his car seat, so given the restraints, I think he is a budding photographer! Yeah... my nephew is cool.


Mom, me, Em on the boat.

View from Mt Rose summit.

We met these guys who were camping on the top of the summit... a little crazy given the wind conditions. They were cool and really excited to be above 10,000 feet. I casually asked them if they knew the exact elevation of the summit. Ryan pulled out a wooden sign that he carved for the occasion (see pic below) ... like I said, really excited.


Alecia and I tryin not to be knocked over by the 80mph winds ;)
We took some detours getting to the summit... climing waterfalls and such. The next weekend I intended to summit a higher peak in south lake, but I was prevented by this fire you may have heard about on the news...

No comments: